Mold, Lead and Asbestos Removal Air Purification
Mold, Lead and Asbestos Abatement
Air scrubbing machines are essential to properly contain airborne particles on job-sites that involve asbestos and mold. Improper clean-up practices may result in health and liability issues, especially if hazardous materials are released in the air and contaminate neighboring areas.
Electrocorp air scrubbers feature the highest quality HEPA filters to capture airborne particles and may be configured with activated carbon for added versatility in applications where mold mycotoxin, chemicals, gases and odors are a concern.
While HEPA-vacuums are among the recommended tools, they may not be ample on their own to adequately remove particles that become airborne during renovations.
Facts About Airborne Asbestos:
- Asbestos was used in nearly all building construction prior to the 1970s
- Asbestos ceilings and tile are common in older homes and offices
- One of the more dangerous elements associated with mold is mycotoxin; these are secondary chemical products produced by fungi and have been associated with liver cancer, lung cancer, acute or chronic nervous system damage, and endocrine effects
- Asbestos fibers can remain and accumulate in the lungs
- The most dangerous asbestos fibers are too small to be visible
- Breathing asbestos fibers can lead to an increased risk of lung cancer, mesothelioma (a cancer of the chest and abdominal linings), and asbestosis (irreversible lung scarring)
Facts About Airborne Mold:
- Airborne mold spores can be dangerous when inhaled and have been associated with upper respiratory irritation, sneezing, coughing, shortness of breath, fever, as well as eye and skin irritation
- Even a single heavy exposure to mold could lead to Organic Dust Toxic Syndrome, Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis, or other immunologic effects
- One of the more dangerous elements associated with mold is mycotoxin, these are secondary chemical products produced by fungi and have been associated with liver cancer, lung cancer, acute or chronic nervous system damage, and endocrine effects.
Reputable renovation crews or specialists providing lead, mold and asbestos abatement must maintain an impeccable record of health and safety. Electrocorp manufactures a wide range of versatile and affordable air scrubbers and air cleaners designed to efficiently remove hazardous airborne materials. Our rugged and reliable units provide superior protection for occupants and job-site workers and result in better clean-up practices to satisfy government regulations
Contractors performing renovation, repair and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in homes, child care facilities, and schools built before 1978 must be EPA certified and must follow specific work practices to prevent lead contamination including:
- Containing the work area
- Minimizing dust
- Clean up thoroughly