Water and sewer treatment facilities are in place in communities and cities to keep water supplies clean and free of pollutants for all residents. However, the process of waste water treatment often leaves facilities and surrounding areas at risk for sewage odors and VOCs (volatile organic compounds). Waste water treatment facilities need to be concerned with emissions control, eliminating sewage odor, H2s and the spreading of hydrogen sulfide wastewater. These are all serious concerns that will not only have an effect on waste water treatment staff members, but also those living in the vicinity of treatment plants.
Sewage odor is often the number one complaint attributed with waste water treatment facilities. To eliminate sewage odor and for VOC removal, a proper air filtration system that pushes the dirty air through carbon before it exits the waste water treatment plant is necessary. Deep-bed carbon will ensure a longer dwell time and keep the noxious air particles trapped so clean, odor-free air is being circulated. Not only will you then ensure the health and well-being of the waste water treatment staff, but you will also ensure that residents in the vicinity of the plant are breathing odor-free air.
Waste water treatment facilities are at risk for spreading volatile organic compounds and so should be concerned with air purification and filtration at the source. By implementing Electrocorp’s Air Rhino system in open areas in the treatment plants, airborne toxins can be kept to a minimum and sewage odor can be reduced where filtration occurs.
For a more localized filtration, (i.e., on the barrels containing contaminated or pre-filtered water and sewage) Electrocorp’s EZ Flow barrel attachment can be used to reduce odors and possible VOCs escaping into the air. The EZ Flow attachment contains 4 lb. of carbon with inlet and outlet particle filtration to 10 microns.
- 12" deep medical-grade HEPA filter 99.97% efficient to 0.3 microns (12"x24"x24")
- 1" Prodense prefilter
- 1" Dust filter
- 4.5 lb. activated carbon filter, 2" deep physical bed wall carbon
- 1000 CFM delivered
- Dimensions: 37" x 26" x 26"
- Bag filter for high particle filtration
- 100 lb. activated carbon filter
- 12" deep physical bed wall carbon
- 80 lb. refillable activated carbon filter
- 12" deep medical-grade HEPA filter 99.97% efficient to 0.3 microns
- Particle and dust pre-filter
- 750 to 1000 CFM delivered
- Dimensions: 70" x 24.5" x 21"
- 160 lb. activated carbon filter with a particle and dust filters
- 12" gel sealed medical-grade HEPA
- 2 Medical-grade HEPA filters (12"X12")
- 1500 CFM / 1 speed 230 V / 60 Hz
- Square or round flange available