Embalming has been practiced since the days of Ancient Egypt when mummification was first invented. It is one of the earliest surgical procedures humanity undertook, and is still very much in use today. Funeral homes everywhere use the traditional methods of embalming to preserve the deceased for viewings and slower decomposition after burial. However, the materials used by funeral homes are extremely hazardous to embalmers and undertakers. The embalming fluid used to preserve bodies is composed of toxic substances such as formaldehyde, methanol, ethanol and isopropanol.
It’s not just the materials embalmers use that can cause serious respiratory issues. The deceased themselves pose a serious threat to the health and well-being of the funeral home workers. Reports of pulmonary tuberculosis, and viral respiratory infections are high among funeral home workers. This is caused by the bacteria present in the air in funeral homes and embalming laboratories. Without proper ventilation, funeral home employees risk the spread of disease from their subjects, even if the proper precautions are taken with masks and gloves.
A recent study by the American Journal of Industrial Medicine found a significant connection between workers who were exposed to formaldehyde regularly and colon cancer. Because formaldehyde is an organic compound the methods for trapping formaldehyde from the environment need to be extreme and highly effective.
Electrocorp can ensure air purification with deep-bed activated carbon meant to trap and lock in such noxious fumes and toxins like formaldehyde. Dwell time in up to 80 lb. of carbon in an Electrocorp unit means cleaner air for funeral home employees. Odor abatement is also an issue in funeral homes that host wakes and memorials. To keep the air fresh and family members breathing toxin-free air, activated carbon is the safe, effective and economical choice.
- 18 lbs. of carbon
- Micro-HEPA Wrap 99% efficient to 0.1 microns
- Carbonized 10 micron pre-filter
- 50 to 160 CFM delivered
- Dimensions: 23.5" x 15"
- 30, 60, 120 or 240 lbs. of carbon for heavy chemical control
- Medical-grade HEPA filter 99.97% efficient to 0.3 microns (on H or CCH units only)
- 50 - 1650 CFM delivered
- UV Capsule
- Caddy wheels
- 80 lb. refillable activated carbon filter
- 12" deep medical-grade HEPA filter 99.97% efficient to 0.3 microns
- Particle and dust pre-filter
- 750 to 1000 CFM delivered
- Dimensions: 70" x 24.5" x 21"
- 160 lb. activated carbon filter with a particle and dust filters
- 12" gel sealed medical-grade HEPA
- 2 Medical-grade HEPA filters (12"X12")
- 1500 CFM / 1 speed 230 V / 60 Hz
- Square or round flange available
- 24 lb. activated carbon filter, 2.5" deep physical bed wall carbon
- Medical-grade HEPA filter 99.97% efficient to 0.3 microns
- Prodense pre-filter
- Sure Seal gaskets
- 400 CFM turbo rated motor
- Dimensions: 23.5" x 15"
- Deeper 3" or 3.5" carbon bed for heavy chemical control
- Exclusive carbon blends to target specific airborne pollutants
- UV technology
- Available in Black, White or Sandstone