Clearly, chemical processing plants pose serious health risks to employees and those who live in the immediate area surrounding the plant. The main IAQ challenge with chemical processing plants is the reagents used to carry out reactions. From organic solvents to acids and alkalies, these reagents can be deadly if they are not dealt with correctly. Organic solvents, if inhaled in high airborne concentrations, can cause severe headaches, nausea, loss of consciousness and in severe cases, death. Instances in which high airborne concentrations of vapor are present may increase the risk of respiratory infection and illness. Because reagents can be hazardous on their own, they can often create an equally noxious toxin during the reaction process.
A recent article in the New York Times (April 27, 2010) revealed shocking statistics regarding petrochemical plants and respiratory cancers. A preliminary study conducted by Congressional aides found that cancer cases were much more rampant in areas located downwind of petrochemical plants. This study strongly suggests that both plant employees, as well as people living in surrounding areas, are all at risk of cancer.
The handling of reagents in a chemical processing plant requires sufficient training and proper containment. Airborne toxins in chemical processing plants are often hard to contain and handle without a carefully equipped air filtration system in place. Electrocorp can handle the IAQ needs of chemical processing plants, even in extreme cases. Odor control and solvent fume removal problems are a cinch for Electrocorp air purification systems. Equipped with particle pre-filters, medical-grade HEPA and granular activated carbon, our industrial-strength air scrubbers are designed to handle even the most challenging IAQ problems. From stand alone units (like the RSU Series) to a module air scrubber (like the SSU), Electrocorp air purification systems adsorb air contaminants and release fresh air, even into adjacent rooms.
- 18 lbs. of carbon
- Micro-HEPA Wrap 99% efficient to 0.1 microns
- Carbonized 10 micron pre-filter
- 50 to 160 CFM delivered
- Dimensions: 23.5" x 15"
- 30, 60, 120 or 240 lbs. of carbon for heavy chemical control
- Medical-grade HEPA filter 99.97% efficient to 0.3 microns (on H or CCH units only)
- 50 - 1650 CFM delivered
- UV Capsule
- Caddy wheels
- 12" deep medical-grade HEPA filter 99.97% efficient to 0.3 microns (12"x24"x24")
- 1" Prodense prefilter
- 1" Dust filter
- 4.5 lb. activated carbon filter, 2" deep physical bed wall carbon
- 1000 CFM delivered
- Dimensions: 37" x 26" x 26"
- Bag filter for high particle filtration
- 100 lb. activated carbon filter
- 12" deep physical bed wall carbon
- 80 lb. refillable activated carbon filter
- 12" deep medical-grade HEPA filter 99.97% efficient to 0.3 microns
- Particle and dust pre-filter
- 750 to 1000 CFM delivered
- Dimensions: 70" x 24.5" x 21"
- 160 lb. activated carbon filter with a particle and dust filters
- 12" gel sealed medical-grade HEPA
- 2 Medical-grade HEPA filters (12"X12")
- 1500 CFM / 1 speed 230 V / 60 Hz
- Square or round flange available
- Up to 576 lbs. of activated carbon
- Up to 3 three-layer fillter banks
- 10-micron particulate filter
- Dimensions: 88"(h)x39"(w)x39"(l)
- Sound level: 81 dB
- 1000 - 5000 CFM delivered
- HEPA only or Carbon+HEPA
- Custom carbon blends
- Caster wheels